External Wall Insulation can help save your home from high energy bills.
Form & Function with External Solid Wall Insulations
Wall External Insulation
Millions of households in the UK suffer from exorbitant energy bills due to their uninsulated solid walls. In fact, one in three homeowners in the UK, live in a house that’s been built before the 1930s. These houses have wall structures that can only retain 55% of the heat generated by their central heating system.
Central heating accounts for over 75% of the energy expenditure of an average UK household. Since homes with solid walls, on average, allow 45% of generated heat to escape, you’re essentially throwing money away by not insulating your walls.
If you’re tired of a cold and energy inefficient house that’s plagued with mold and condensation, it’s time for you thought about insulating your home with Exterior Wall Insulation. The process involves installing a layer of insulating material to your outer wall. And all of this is done with minimal disruption of your home’s interior.
Exterior Wall Insulation involves fixing an insulating material to the exterior of a property and covering it with a special type of plaster or cladding, improving the overall thermal efficiency of your home.
The thermal efficiency that results from Exterior/External Wall Insulation can help you save £120 – £455 a year, depending on your wall structure and the type of house you own. A home with optimal thermal efficiency also has the added advantage of being free from damp and mould because of the absence of cold spots that can cause condensation.
Not only is Exterior Wall Insulation practical, it can also serve as an aesthetic measure. You can choose from a wide range of textured or smooth finishes that are available in various colours, adding a touch of warmth and personal flair to the facade of your home.
Installing Exterior Wall Insulation results in:
- A low maintenance, high performance insulation measure.
- Reduced heat loss and CO2 emissions
- The absence of damp, mould, and condensation.
- A personalized design of your home’s facade.
- Improved Weather proofing and impact resistance.
- Excellent interior acoustics.
- Improved draught proofing.
- Increased lifespan of brickwork.
Installing External Wall Insulation will change the appearance of your property significantly, so you should check with your local council first to see if you require permission before starting the process.
- Installers will need a certain degree of access to the outer walls of your home. If for some reason, access to your outer walls is restricted, our energy assessor will advise if the property can be properly insulated from the outside.
- Installing External Wall Insulation is not recommended if your outer walls are problematic and are difficult to repair.
- If you live in a conservation area, you will need to check with your local council first before you can change the appearance of your home.
The cost of installing External Wall Insulation can vary greatly depending on the condition of your home, the type of insulation system currently installed, and the size of your property.
To get an accurate estimate of the cost of installation, fill out our Online Form.
Infinity Energy Organisation can help you finance the installation of External Wall Insulation with easy monthly payments.
Book an appointment with one of our energy saving advisors and we’ll find out if you’re eligible for ECO grant funding: 0203 638 4030